Being the parent of adult children is an adventure I wouldn't miss. My beloved and I live in a gated golf community. While Hideaway is not a retirement community, a lot of retired folks live here. Social life can be daunting even to those with the strongest constitution. It's an active community with three nine hole golf courses, three lakes, Park Parties, Mah Jongg and an endless assortment of clubs in which one can participate.
My kids' method of contact is sending Texts, Emails and making an occasional telephone call until WAIT! it's 8:30 and they are not answering. Have you talked to Mom and Mack? Do you suppose they are okay?
When they found out we were at a Sock Hop, I could sense the dramatic eye roll. Really? At your age a sock hop?
What do they think, we eat gruel for breakfast, sit in our Lazy Boy and wait for them to call or come by. I think not. Secretly, I confess I'm delighted when I'm out of reach. Payback is a wonderful invention.
Go ahead, have all the fun you can have. Eat dessert first, laugh out loud and have a Blast!
facebook
No comments:
Post a Comment